Sunday, March 27, 2011

Brand New Addiction

It's been a while since I found something I can't live without. My last post was about California Lifestyle bread, that might be the last thing too. I have been on a major budget lately, as I don't get paid for being on sabbatical. So, I eat whatever is available at my house. Amy's Kitchen makes soups, frozen dinners and pizzas, among other things. All of their products are natural and most of their customers have some sort of food allergy or special diet. Their products can be found at Henry's, other health food stores and I recently found them at Super Target. I have tried on of their frozen dinners before, when I was doing the Gluten-free thing. They make many GF dishes and I fancy the tamales with beans and rice. Normally, I wouldn't go for something you pop in a microwave, but their dinners are surprisingly tasty. At Super Target I spotted a few cans of soup with their logo. I had seen them before but never tried it. The price is heftier than Campbell's, but for good reason. First, I tried the split-pea. It was delicious, gluten free and low in fat. I usually like split-pea with chunks of pork, but this wasn't that and I didn't mind. The other can I bought was Chunky Tomato Bisque. I had it yesterday and I was in love. It's sweet and savory and absolutely perfect. The chunks of tomatoes taste like they were picked from my garden yesterday. I loved it so much I went and bought another can last night and had it for breakfast this morning. I smell an addiction coming on...


Here's the link. They have a pretty nifty website too!  www.amys.com

No comments:

Post a Comment